Bobby Moynihan - Hot Video - Corn Syrup Commercial, 3/12/11

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bobby Moynihan - Joseph Gordon-Levitt's monologue

Monologue

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Bobby Moynihan

So this monologue isn't in the full episode shown online either. What was it about?

Here's a review:

ZOË RICE: Sigh. I saw Joseph Gordon-Levitt (whose name is too long, so now it’s JGL) on Jimmy Fallon the other night, and I gotta say I didn’t like him. I thought he came across as affected, and what’s with his twinge of fake New York-ish accent? But he mentioned his monologue on the show, said it was his idea, and that he’d been working on it for weeks. But what makes the monologue songs on SNL funny is that the writers rework the lyrics (or write original ones) to be biting and clever. Doing a second-rate version of the great Danny Kaye just didn’t move me. JGL’s jumps at the end were impressive, and I enjoyed watching Bobby Moynihan punch him, but overall this number struck me as JGL indulging in himself.

STEVE MURPHY: Joseph Gordon-Levitt…. talk about a guy who doesn’t have any brand recognition with me. I had no idea who was hosting this show until the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun walked out on stage. But… hot damn! I mean… that was incredible! He wasn’t specifically funny, but that was a completely legitimate Broadway performance, and I was solidly entertained. Great dancing, solid singing… let’s see those auto-tuned Glee kids do that! Bobby Moynihan was perfect, and actually did make ‘em laugh. I’m loving this kid and this episode so far. Fantastic.



Full Episode:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt hosts Saturday Night Live with musical guest Dave Matthews Band.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Popular Posts